background

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Activities





Last week, knowing Mandi’s love for the Beatles, the Knights invited her to a concert called the Classical Mystery Tour. This band impersonates The Beatles. They graciously allowed me to tag along. We had a really great time although we were disappointed that no one cried or fainted like when they saw the real Beatles. We were especially entertained by the accents. There is just something about hearing the word Indianapolis in an accent that made us laugh!! We also really enjoyed the snacks that Mary brought and weliked proving Roger wrong; we weren't the youngest people there by 30 years!!!

Other news:
-I (along with other school staff members) accompanied the White’s volleyball team to a Purdue volleyball game Friday night. My team must have been truly inspired because they played at a completely different level tonight. I was so proud of them. I wish I could put pictures up but I can’t because I must protect their privacy. We did get a great shot with Purdue Pete though.

-If all goes well, digging begins on our basement this weekend.


-We went on the longest canoe trip ever (7 hours!) this weekend with Nick and Holly and Mike and Bri. We launched the canoes at Manchester and took them out at Hwy. 15. The water was TOO low, we scraped bottom a lot, and had to paddle more than we would have like to. We still had a good time though.

No comments: