background

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mouse Update

A lot of people have been enjoying (at my expense) hearing the latest on the mouse that lives in my car. So, here it is...

The morning after I baited my car with over 15 glue traps, I STILL hadn't caught him. The traps were shuffled around and no longer in the neat line where I had placed them. One was even missing some cheese and had mouse hair stuck to it but no mouse. This was Friday morning and Friday after school was when I was to drive my car home. Remember, my car had remained at school ever since the mouse was first spotted.

Before leaving, a co-worker and I pulled everything out of the trunk to make sure he wasn't in the boxes in the back. He wasn't. However, I didn't even make it past the parking lot before he ran out from under the passenger's seat. My plan had been to whack him with my snow brush if I ever saw him again, but he's fast!!! I saw him run from the front of the car all the way to the back through where the shoulder strap of the seat belt is and into the trunk. I immediately pulled over, stuffed anything I could find into the openings where the seat belts are, and drove home as quickly as possible contemplating going car shopping the entire way!

We were (again) unsuccessful at checking him all weekend. Thankfully due to daylight savings time I am again driving to work in the dark. I have had an epiphany though. I have decided since it is warming up outside there is a smaller chance that he will want to live in my car. With that in mind, I am no longer trying to trap him but REPEL him instead. From my Internet research, I have gathered that mice do not like dryer sheets. I went out and purchased a box of dryer sheets and dispersed them around my car (trunk, vents, under seats, etc.). So far, NO MOUSE!! (If this "trick", has not worked for you in the past, please don't tell me. It is what gives me peace of mind for the time being. That is until I see him again.)

In the meantime, at least my car smells nice.

A little thing that I like to call "Plan B"- dryer sheets

2 comments: