background

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pregnancy Update

When I went to the doctor on Monday, I had some complications. She sent me for another ultrasound. From the u-sound, they found out that my placenta is more mature than it should be at this point especially for the baby's size. He/she is only currently 4 lbs. 13 oz- give or take. They would expect him/her to be a pound to a pound and a half bigger so they sent me for a stress test. The results of that were, "The baby is happy as a clam in there!" (Doctor's exact words) Still, they are concerned by the weight so I just found out yesterday afternoon that they are actually sending me for a second opinion on Friday to try to decide if they should induce! The doctor said sometimes if baby isn't growing well within at this point- I'm 37 weeks tomorrow- sometimes they just do better on the outside receiving mother's nutrients.

On the bright side, we received some really cool, new pictures of the baby and I am dilated and experiencing mild contractions. At this ultrasound we could see the lips sucking and all four chambers of the heart beating away. Technology is so amazing. God is good.

Please keep us in your prayers. We could have a newborn- and a little one at that- as early as Friday!!! We will keep attempt to keep you updated.

No comments: